Friday, June 24, 2011

2 Weeks and 3 Weeks

2 Weeks
What a great last couple weeks it has been.  The Lord is good and has already given Erin and I in our late 20's more blessings than we could ask for in 100 lifetimes.  Our prayer now is one of gratitude and thanksgiving for God and His precious gifts, as well as making memorials for the times when we need to remember His goodness and faithfulness.

Praise the LORD, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Psalm 103:1-5


In the last two weeks a lot has happened.  Erin was shipped off to Chicago for work where she got a little break from warm weather, but not so much of a break from job demands.  She's such a hard worker and constantly encourages me and challenges me to 'work as if serving the Lord and not men' and we are grateful for both the job she has and the people she works with (Colossians 3:23).




I had the privilege to take my last group of high school students to serve at the MITC in Cordoba, Mexico.  The Holy Spirit broke us down, worked us through, and built us up that week and I feel genuinely blessed and humbled to be able to be there with those students and leaders.  It's incredibly strengthening to my soul to see the tangible, expressed movement of God in the lives of people and we all were graced with the honor of having God move in our team.  Praise God for delivering miracles still today.

And Erin and I have spent time together getting the home organized.  It's crazy how much is going on, but it's so fun getting to play 'house' with Erin.  I'm ready for her to be there as it is hard when she drives away at the end of the day.

Which brings me to...

3 Weeks
Three weeks from today (and about 4.5 hours), Erin and I will be standing together before God, our family and our friends to enter into the convenant of gospel-centered marriage together.  I am so blessed to have such a beautiful, smart, fun and compassionate woman to spend the rest of my life with and I know we are both excited to see the journey God will take us on.  Our hope is to love each other well and to let our marriage and lives be spent on proclaiming the only hope of the gospel of Christ.  I can't wait to start this life with her.  (I mean I can wait because I have to - but you get the point!)

Some prayer requests:
- Erin and I would honor Jesus in how we love each other now, through the ceremony, and in life together.
- Although some job opportunities have opened up in McKinney, nothing is certain or stable and so continued prayer that God might present to us opportunities for me to work and give us wisdom in where to invest.
- For the families we have already met in our neighborhood: for their salvation and that Erin and I might be good ambassadors for the gospel with them
- Thankfulness to God for His goodness, unchanging character, grace and power in our lives!

Thanks so much for all your love, encouragement and support!  Remember, Erin and I love to read comments or get emails from you all!

mazur.erin@gmail.com
michaeltmc@gmail.com

In Christ,


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying reading your posts, and Erin's individual blog as well. I love what you said about making memorials for the times when things are harder and you need to remember God's goodness - so true and a great point :)

    ReplyDelete